Flounder and cockles

 Woodstock here I have never actually gone seafishing before despite living by the coast for a few years. Two days ago a mate visited and said he would show me the ins and outs of the art of fishing. So out we went yesterday morning to catch the low tide at Burry port, waded out about 1/2 a mile to get to the deeper water after a hour or so nothing so we moved location and wham I landed a 2 Lb Flounder. That was tea sorted,  I cooked it in foil with some garlic and butter it was delicious accompanied with pots. and green beans from the garden which is just bursting with produce at the moment. We packed up fishing as the tide came in. Burry port the incoming tide can take you off guard and leave you stranded,  on the way back to the shore we stumbled across a large cockle bed with some good sized cockles which was a bit of a bonus as we only caught that one fish the whole day.

Today we had pasta with the cockles we picked yesterday. We left them in a bucket of water over night with a good dose of salt, in the hope they would get some of the grit and silt out. Seemly they don't like freshwater.  They were then rinsed and chucked into boiling water for a few minutes. They were taken out their shells and rinsed again very thoroughly. I then cooked up a sauce with the tumbling toms and these crookneck neck squash the missus decided to grow this year. They are these fussy bent yellow improvements on courgette. I still cringe when she waltzes in from the garden with yet more them. Anyway I cooked them up with onion, garlic,garam masala, and kashmiri masala go easy on that one its a arse biter. I then blended them so I could convince myself I wasn't eating more courgetty type squash things.   I added the muscles and cockles to the sauce very nice it was to, that's all for now until next time.


Comments

  1. Hi Woodstock,its jono sorry not been in touch,not been very well look me up on Facebook,lost your number.best wishes to you and Fi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts